8 Day –Wildlife and Rail Experience
Abundant Wildlife – Unique Experiences – Pristine Landscapes – Succulent Seafood
This all inclusive tour starts in Adelaide. Your local guide for the tour will share information and knowledge on this unique and pristine regions of the Flinders Ranges and the Eyre Peninsula. First sop is in Port Augusta to board Port Augusta Gulf Cruises to learn about the Spencer Gulf – this unique biosphere. Then into the Flinders Ranges for a sunset camel trek with the Pichi Richi Camel Tours before overnight at Rawnsley Park in their Eco Villas. Next day we travel through the Flinders ranges before overnight at Mount Ive with a sunset on Lake Gairdner.
From here we travel down the coast to board the Electric Boat Tesla Marina cruise where you will learn about the different seafood industries on the Eyre Peninsula, followed by a tantalising meal of the local seafood harvest. After lunch, we do a Marina walk
After a welcoming stay in the newly established Port Lincoln Hotel, today is Great White Shark Day – a full day aboard the Calypso Star for an up close and personal encounter with Great White Sharks.
Travel to Coffin bay and board the Coffin Bay Explorer to learn about the Oyster Industry on the Eyre Peninsula. As we had up the west coast of the Eyre Peninsula- our overnight stop is at Coodlie Park Farm Retreat, a camp fire feast. This evening we participate and get involved with a nocturnal wildlife tour which provides the opportunity to see kangaroos, wombats, emus, Bilbys and betongs!
Up early next morning for an inspiring coastal walk to see dolphins swimming in the waves. We visit Murphys Haystacks before boarding the MV Investigator for a cruise to swim with sealions and dolphins. This experience is rates as one of the best interaction opportunities with wildlife in Australia. After lunch at Streaky Bay, we spend time at our signature stop, Perlubie Beach. As we take in this inspiring and pristine landscape, we sample fresh oysters and local wines before overnight in Ceduna.
Next morning, visit the Aboriginal Culture centre, Davenport Creek, Head of Bight to see Southern Right Whales during season then either accommodation at Nullarbor or a swag experience in the middle of the Nullarbor Plain.
Next morning, onto Cook Railway Station to board Great Southern Rails Indian Pacific – for Gold Kangaroo travel through to Perth. This provides you with a time to reflect on how truly amazing this great country Australia really is- it’s landscapes, its natural beauty and its abundant wildlife….an escape that’s leaves you breathless, fascinated and inspired!
- Pick up from Adelaide Accommodation or Port Augusta train station [if travelling on Indian Pacific or Ghan]
- Port Augusta head of Gulf Marina Cruise
- Evening Camels to Sunset Tour
- Overnight Rawnsley Park eco Cabins
- Day 2
- Full day to explore the Flinders Ranges- its beauty and its wildlife
- Prairie Hotel for their speciality “Road Kill” meal
- Sunset Lake Gairdner
- Overnight Mount Ive Station
- Day 3
- Travel to Port Lincoln
- Tesla Electric Boat Marina Cruise
- Lunch Del-Giorno’s award winning seafood restaurant
- Australia’s Seafood Frontier – the ultimate in Fresh Seafood!
- Overnight accommodation Port Lincoln Hotel
- Day 4
- Cage Dive with Great White Sharks – Full day tour
- Alternatively explore the National parks of the area- port Lincoln, Whalers Way and Coffin Bay
- Marina Hotel – Surf and Turf – a steak for a mate with fresh local seafood!
- Day 5
- Port Lincoln town tour
- Coffin Bay Explorer – learn about the oyster industry an taste fresh out of the water, pristine pacific oysters
- A feast of seafood at Oyster Beds Coffin Bay Restaurant
- Travel via Sheringa, Locks Well, Elliston and Talia Caves
- Overnight Coodlie Park Farm Retreat
- Day 6
- Early Morning start
- Venus Bay South Head Walk – dolphins surfing the waves
- Swim with sea lions and dolphins in their own natural habitat
- Murphys haystacks – granite inselbergs
- Fresh Oysters on deserted and pristine beach
- Overnight Ceduna
- Day 7
- Ceduna Aboriginal Culture Centre Experience
- Head of Bight – Southern Right Whales [April – November]
- Cook Railway Siding – Board the Indian Pacific for Perth
- Watch the great expanse of the Nullarbor open up through your private Gold Sleeper Accommodation or share the experience with other passengers in the Gold Club Car
- Day 8
- Watch the changing landscape as you travel towards Perth, the capital of Western Australia
- Great Southern Rails Gold Kangaroo service
- 8 Day tours depart Adelaide Saturday and Wednesday * *
- * * Subject to availability of outsourced tours and Indian Pacific Train
- All Meals
- All entry fees, activities and tours
- All accommodation
- Great Southern Rails, Indian Pacific Gold Kangaroo Class Ticket
- Minimum 2 people
- Tour can be confirmed on availability of outsourced tours